Friday 12 July 2013

Peacock

When I started to practice and learn about yoga I came across with pictures of poses that I thought I would never do. I began by learning the standard poses and found that it was hard to breathe while holding some of them. I know that a practice filled with some "warriors", forward bends, back bends twists is enough to make your body stronger and more flexible and you don't need to go crazy and do impossible poses. But you are going to go crazy!! With every practice you feel your body getting stronger so you want to do more, you want to challenge your body and you start to believe that there are no "impossible poses". Then find yourself  in a cycle, the more you do the more you want to do. It becomes a mental process. It's your mind commanding your body. You see the poses as they are, you experiment with them and eventually it all comes together and you find yourself doing what you once thought would never do. With every challenge that you overcome your mind becomes clearer and you feel empowered.
The most important lesson that I learned in a long time was taught to me through "peacock pose". I thought I would never do it, I tried a few times and never came close, until one day that I decided to really look into the pose, focus and experiment and suddenly I was there!!! The excitement,  the  thrill!! But what excited me the most was how clear my thinking was. Peacock pose" taught me to look at things as they are, not as they appear to be, work with them, not against them.
Yoga, in general, is making me stronger more confident and happier with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment